We’re expanding and adding drivers to run local and regionally. St. Joe Express drivers can expect to earn an average income of between $52,000 to $60,000 / yr.
Paid Driver Orientation & Tanker Training. New drivers with St. Joe Express should complete training in 3 weeks or less.Training is broken down into two parts: “in classroom training” and “in truck training”.
In Classroom Training:For several days during your first week with St. Joe Express you will be at the terminal. During this time you can expect to go through our driver’s handbook, watch videos, complete paperwork and be introduced to terminal personnel and other drivers.
Daily In Truck Training:After you have completed the classroom portion of training you will be assigned your “in truck trainer”. During your time with your assigned trainer you can expect to share driving duties and make deliveries to customers. The in truck training is “hands on training” with the oversight of your trainer. You will learn the complete process from pre-tripping a tank trailer to the final delivery where a pump may be used to offload product at our customers. You will also be trained to provide updates to dispatch using the in cab communication system (PeopleNet) and how to complete the necessary paperwork. The overall training time depends on the new driver. St. Joe Express's goal is to let the new driver train at the pace they are comfortable with. After a driver has completed their training and assigned their truck, their trainers become a mentor and are only a phone call away.
St. Joe Express offers all full time drivers a full benefits package.Some of the benefits offered:
• An average income of between $52,000 to $60,000 / yr
• Food Grade tanker Operation
• Tanker Endorsement not needed to apply
• Assigned trucks, no Slip Seating
• $3,000 Sign on Bonus
• Local operation with Regional, and some Long Haul opportunities
• Newer equipment with in-house shop that keeps it well maintained
• Excellent work environment
• Clean terminal
• We are a dedicated operation
• 80% Kansas City Runs
• Excellent Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision)
• Profit Sharing and 401(k)
• Holiday Pay
• Safety Incentive
Here are some of the general requirements to drive for St. Joe Express:• Class A CDL with 12 months tractor trailer experience preferred
• Tanker endorsement (not needed to apply)
• The ability to pass DOT physical and drug screen
This is not intended to be a complete list of hiring requirements. If you have specific questions please call recruiting.